Visitors enjoying Asia Pacific travel who are new to Bora Bora are often unsure of where to begin. The exotic, tropical island is filled with wonderful beaches to lounge on and great things to see, but if you’re new it’s difficult to pick which things to visit and where to go. We’ve come up with the top five tourist attractions those on Bora Bora travel must enjoy while on the island.
1) Tapuna Safari 4×4 Tour – You must start with a grand tour of the island, and the greatest way to do so is through this outfit. This fully-guided, 3-hour island excursion is enjoyed in a Range Rover 4×4 and is the perfect way for those enjoying Asia Pacific travel to get to know the island quickly. Locals serve as the tour guides and not only drive visitors around but offer facts about the history, culture and politics of Bora Bora as well as information about traditional Polynesian life. Those on Bora Bora travel who take this tour will see ancient stone temples and World War II sites as well as amazing scenery.
2) Matira Beach – Soak up the sun at the most popular beach in Bora Bora. Located on the southern tip of the island, this beach is made up of white sand and includes a walking trail that leads those on Bora Bora travel to a World War II site. When the tides are low, beach-goers can walk out to the reef or, when the tide is high, enjoy snorkeling. More active guests can enjoy traditional Asia Pacific travel water sports, such as kayaking and canoeing.
3) Marae Temples – These ancient temples were once used by the Polynesians for religious and cultural ceremonies. Those on Bora Bora travel will be happy to know that there are still about 40 traditional open-air stone temples, or maraes, still left on the island to explore.
4) Polynesian Dance – Those who embark on Asia Pacific travel cannot end their trip without enjoying some traditional Polynesian dance. In Bora Bora, the dance is performed at most of the island’s hotels and resorts. Enjoy a show while you eat dinner or catch one on the beach.
5) Lagoonarium – This famous turquoise-blue lagoon is an outdoor aquarium made up of vibrant fish and marine life. What sets the aquarium apart from others throughout the world is that those enjoying Bora Bora travel are actually allowed to snorkel in the lagoon and swim amongst sharks, rays, tropical fish and turtles. There are guides who will help you and show you how to feed and touch the sea life and tours run throughout the day. This is, without a doubt, one of the most popular attractions in Bora Bora and a must for those on Asia Pacific travel.