Goa is a famous tourist destination and you will find no dearth of popular tourist attractions in Goa. Read on to find out more about the top 5 tourist attractions in Goa and also check out some good Goa hotels.
The state of Goa is located in the western coasts of India and is best known for its pristine beaches. Goa is connected and can be reached by roads, railways and airways. The International Airport at Dabolim connects Goa with some of the important cities of the world. The common belief is that the only thing worth seeing in Goa is its beaches but you need to visit inland Goa. With its untouched natural beauty, waterfalls and spice plantations you will see a completely different side of Goa that will make you come back again and again.
1. Beaches of Goa – Undoubtedly the most popular tourist destination in Goa, the numerous beautiful beaches attract thousands of tourists from all over the world. The long coastline of Goa ensures that you will run out of time before you run out of beaches. The beaches have something to offer for every traveler from luxury resorts to shacks and noisy beach parties to tranquility.
2. Churches of Goa – Goa were one of the last colonies to be annexed and its long subjugation means its culture and religion have been heavily influenced by Europeans. The Portuguese were almost obsessed with building churches and converting people, which led to the huge number of Churches found today. The beautiful churches are a must visit for their European style buildings and the beautiful architecture and the stained glass windows.
3. Dudhsagar Waterfalls – This is located near the Goa border 60 kilometers from Margao and can be reached by bus from Panjim. The waterfalls are situated in idyllic locations surrounded by nature. It is one of the popular picnic spots in Goa and should be visited after the monsoons to enjoy the full torrent of the waters.
4. Old Goa – North Goa or Old Goa is the best place to observe Portuguese and Christian influences up close. The place is known for its numerous beautiful old Churches and Cathedrals that are now museums. Two of the most famous Churches in Old Goa are the Bom Jesus Basilica and the Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
5. Spice Plantations – The spice plantations around Ponda are some of the popular tourist attractions in Goa. You can make a visit to the farms, enjoy the scenery and end up with a fine spicy lunch.
Top Rated Hotels in Goa
Park Hyatt Goa Resort is one of the finest 5 star hotels in Goa and is situated in Cansaulim. It is one of the most recommended luxury hotels in Goa and has been praised by guests for its service, food and facilities. The hotel offers many facilities and beautifully furnished rooms that are equipped with all major amenities and costs Rs.13800.
Graciano cottage is one of the popular budget hotels in Goa and is ideally located near the Colva beach. It has earned numerous positive reviews from customers who have praised its location and hospitable staff. It enjoys a customer recommendation of 96% which leaves nothing to doubt. It offers well equipped rooms that cost Rs.2000.